Sunday, October 24, 2010

Entry 10: Finished Welding and Headliner

Today I managed to get the rear passenger seat pan patched and sealed up, when I have a chance I'll take some pictures and post them. Fairly similar to prior patches other than I had to fabricate it out of sheet metal myself. Used weldable primer and then followed up with the Rust Encapsulator.

Also had a chance to start laying down the sound deadener, with all the repairs completed the hardest part is cutting out the pieces to the proper size.


Before I can reassemble the interior I have to get the headliner in. Last week I pulled out all the crumbly rats nest sound deadener from the roof, after I put the Second Skin and UltraTouch on the roof I'll be ready for this to go in. 

Add caption






 
Bought some 3M super trim adhesive 08090 aka "90" for $14 and a 4' by 4' section of fabric from Joann Fabrics for $8 and went to work




The old fabric peeled off quite easily leaving the foam behind. . It is not perfect, however I am pleased with the results and should be an immense upgrade from the Torch Red which was spray painted black.


No comments:

Post a Comment