Saturday, November 6, 2010

Entry 11: Headliner and Insulation

For the headliner, I used the noticeably heavier Second Skin sound deadener followed by the foil faced cotton batting. Instantly noticed a difference, completely removed the tin can sound effect when tapping on the roof. The 2nd Skin is also noticeably heavier and thicker than the Rammmat and the Quick Roof.  The only issue I would have using it throughout the car is the weight, there is a big difference. Finally I installed the headliner and it looks sharp. Not perfect but a noticceable improvement.

 


Once the headliner was installed I went ahead and started on the rear hatch area. The sound deadener followed by the foil faced cotton batting will really quiet it down inside. Once that was finished I went ahead and re-installed the interior. The only thing I am missing is a passenger side seatbelt, the set I bought had a front drivers side but a rear passenger set. Not sure how that happened but I contacted the seller this morning,

No comments:

Post a Comment