Sunday, November 7, 2010

Entry 12: Sound Deadener

Went ahead and moved into the cabin area this weekend, and accomplished quite a bit. Used the aforementioned Second Skin on the firewall and on the rear passenger seat area for extra insulation, then covered the rest with the RaamMat sound deadener product. Took me approximately 5 hours to lay down the deadener throughout the passenger cabin area. I really like the combination of the thicker (and heavier) Second Skin in the areas most susceptible to heat and noise and RaamMat on the rest.

After I finished that I started installing the foil faced cotton insulation I got from Home Depot, and sealed the seams with aluminum HVAC tape. The rear seat area and the back portion of the cabin are completed, just have the front portion and the firewall and will be ready to install the carpet and seats. Almost there!




 Still waiting to hear back about the missing passenger side seatbelt....

No comments:

Post a Comment